Prevents Rust and Deterioration of Stainless Steel parts in a Nuclear facility.
Nuclear Green Polyethylene is a contaminant free barrier product used in government applications and other operations needing a certified, clean barrier material. This material is available in the form of sheeting, tubing and pre-formed bags. Also, a range of millages are offered to meet your strength and thickness requirements.
Required for stainless steel parts and reactor plant and refueling equipment.
Parts must be individually wrapped and packaged in heat sealed clean, pigmented green, polyethylene envelopes which shall be at least .004 inches thick (.006 inches nominal).
Certification which is included with all orders:
Material meets Government Spec. change from MIL-P-24466 to MIL-DTL-24466.
Per L-P-378, the material did not come in contact with Mercury or any of its compounds, and also meets the water leachable chlorides requirement of MIL-STD-767 dated June 3, 1981.
During processing, test, and inspections, the products listed have not come Into direct contact with Mercury or any of its compounds.
OUR GREEN NUCLEAR FILM IS MADE IN ACCORDANCE WITH MIL-DTL-24466B (SH) AND CONTAINS:
(1) CERTIFICATION OF SEAM STRENGTH FOR BAGS.
(2) CERTIFICATION OF WIDTH, LENGTH, AND THICKNESS DIMENSIONS FOR BAGS AND ROLLS.
(3) CERTIFICATION OF TENSILE STRENGTH OR BREAKING FACTOR AND ULTIMATE ELONGATION TO L-P-378.
(4) CERTIFICATION OF IMPACT RESISTANCE (DART) TO L-P-378 WITH THE SPECIMENS SPECIFIED.
(5) CERTIFICATION OF COLOR AND TRANSPARENCY.
(6) CERTIFICATION OF WATER-LEACHABLE HALIDES (BROMIDE, CHLORIDE, AND FLUORIDE) AND WATER-LEACHABLE SULFUR.
(7) CERTIFICATION THAT IT DOES NOT CONTAIN AND IS NOT CONTAMINATED BY MERCURY COMPOUNDS.
(5) CERTIFICATION OF WATER RESISTANCE.
A COPY OF THE CERTIFICATION OF QUALITY PERFORMANCE & CONFORMANCE IS FURNISHED WITH EACH LOT
OTHER MILITARY SPECIFICATIONS THAT APPLY ARE:
L-P-378E, MIL-DTL-24466(SH), FED-STD-595, MIL-STD-129P, MIL-P-116J, MIL-B-117J, MIL-STD-2073-1D, MIL-T-31000, MIL-T-47500, MIL-D-1000A, DI-QCIC-8872A, MIL-I-45208 OR STR-ISO 9000 SUPP C 2 & STR-ISO 9000 SUPP C1, ASTM F 1249, ASTM E29, ASTM D 3951, PRESERVATION METHOD 33, CLEANING PROCEDURE 1, MARKED IN ACCORDANCE WITH MIL-STD-129
Nuclear film and bags are produced to meet MIL-DTL-24466. Nuclear film is used in nuclear facilities as well as other applications.
|Production Style Available:
- Bottom Seal
- Side Weld
- Single and Dual Track
- Gauge Ranges: 4 to 10 mil (min thickness to meet mil spec is 6 mil; thickness +/- 20%)
- Tubing (Flat or Gusset)
- Single Wound
- Double Wound
- J Film
- U Film
- 1" - 65" Layflat